17 February 2010

More postcards, and lack of motivation....

 

  

  

  

 



So, these are the last half of my postcards for the swap.  You can check out the fabulous pieces that have been created all over the world here.  It's so cool to see everyone's unique styles.

Thank you for the kind words.  I think I am just having a bit of a block.  It seemed to surface while working on the postcards.  And things here in my city are trying to return to normal.  And I am having a bit of trouble returning to a routine that not only 2 weeks ago I was so enjoying.  I spend all day at work worrying about my parking place when I return late at night.  (The snow has severely limited parking that was limited even before).  Not feeling motivated, and then when I am not making artwork or running I get grumpy and then I don't feel motivated.  An endless circle that I must break.  I will by the end of the week....I hope.  

Yesterday I received my first postcard from Minnesota.  So beautiful.  I was truly excited to find it in the mail box.  Knowing 9 more are coming my way is fabulous.  I received another surprise as well from a dear friend in Denver, who I miss terribly.  I'll leave you with the quote from that card. 

"Oh, the comfort - the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person- having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but pouring them all right out, just as they are, chaff and grain together; certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and then with the breath of kindness blow the rest away." - Dinah Craik, A Life for a Life 1859

And on that note, I am going to be positive today and just let the day take care of itself without trying to control it or worry.  Here I go....

6 comments:

  1. Try to stay positive, I hope things get better soon. Thanks for the great quote that you left on my blog post and for entering my weekly contest! I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, heather! i found one of your postcards in my mailbox today! i don't see it here ~ it's the one with the tribal-looking mask, and it's one of my new favorites of those that i've received so far! thank you so much ~ and yes, you and i are definitely sharing in this crazy grand snow adventure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wyanne - Thank you. I think I just need to change my outlook! And are ya kidding, I'm so exited about the possibility of winning!

    Ingrid- Yeah! So glad you got my postcard! You're so sweet! And your right I totally forgot to post that one. I will do on my next post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Heather. I especially like the robin in this group! I think it would be great as a framed print and/or a card. Hope your weekend is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. heather, forgive me for not having stopped by in a week- i've been a crazy person in the studio and have appreciated your comments SO much.

    let me say that this mood? i feel it ALL the time. i've been kind of a fretful, neurotic grump at home for the past week and my husband must be more excited for this show to happen than i am so that he can live with a pleasant human again.

    two things help me regulate myself and improve my creative block and bad mood:

    1. tea in the morning. no matter how crazy the day is going to be if i wake up 15 minutes earlier and make a cup of tea, sit down without a computer or iPhone, and make a list of goals for the day it's enormously helpful. it balances me in the morning, gets me excited about what i'm going to do that day, and helps me be realistic about what is possible and what is impossible to get done that day.

    2. going for a walk at night with my husband. no matter how tired or cranky or cold or drizzly or windy or dark we try to walk the dogs to the end of the road and back TOGETHER. we don't have to talk. we just share a walk, and it really seems to help round out the day, get us on the same page, and give me a moment to transition from work to home.

    don't know if that's helpful or applicable at all, but thought i'd share- we ALL go through these periods!

    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your lovely support! You guys are the best. Lily - It's so funny that we are on the same page with solutions. Just this week I have vowed to let myself relax more and my husband and I have started nightly walks. I look forward to that walk all day long. Those small things have really helped a lot.

    ReplyDelete