11 February 2010

Cabin Fever




Whew, well made it through the latest 2 feet of snow, by knitting, drawing and cooking.   Work is closed again today, but it looks as if I'll be back to the grind tomorrow.  I've been working on my postcards for ihannas postcard swap, at my kitchen table.  I don't want to spoil the surprise for the receivers, so I will wait till next week to post the images.  It's certainly not my strong point.  It's strange how it's stressing me a little.  I have a few more to finish, and I want them to be something beautiful and special for someone to find in their mailbox.  My hope was to challenge myself, and do something playful.  It seems as if I am out of my element!  My goal for the kitchen table studio today is to just have fun.  Maybe I'll just make a whole bunch and pick my favorites out of it.  Now, I am off to surf some mail art images to get inspired.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see how the postcards come out- I was intrigued by that challenge, but discovered it too late. I love the idea of sending (not to mention receiving!) something special in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautifully, artfully arranged shot!

    and can't wait to see the SOCKS!

    ReplyDelete